Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 4: Take Your Meds!

I can't say I did my best today, but it was definitely a better day than yesterday.  One thing I did this morning, which I never do, for real, is forgot to take my meds!  I had my grandson overnight last night and took him with me to church this morning, so I had more on my mind than usual.  My hat's off to mamas with little ones that get them to church-on time-every week!  Maybe I'm just getting old (celebrated 42 a couple weeks back) but it certainly is not as easy as it was when my kids were little! But I digress....I mention my meds for a reason.

In early 2015I visited my doctor because I was constantly feeling run down and sleeping A LOT!  I had started THM, not consistently, but had seen little results with weight loss.  I had no motivation to do much of anything and was having migraines and bad anxiety, especially the few nights leading to my cycle.  I just thought it was allergies and I just needed to push through.  A visit to the doctor confirmed it was more than that!  After drawing blood tests, I learned that I had hypothyroid issues, along with low Vitamin D levels.  Along with a high dosage of vitamin D regimen, my doctor started me on Synthroid and what a difference it has made!  I have dropped weight with little effort so far and seem to have more energy most days (Sadly, it didn't take the migraines away, but we did find something else that did, Thank you, God).  

All this to say, listen to your body.  Perhaps you just have felt the way I did.  Don't delay getting the help you need.  Talk to a doctor about the truth of how you feel.  Press them to check the things that you might be wondering about.  Be faithful to take your prescribed meds each day.  My trick is to put them in a little baggy like the one you see above so they are easy to grab and ready to go.  Most of mine are vitamins.  I have found fish oil to be very helpful in the weight loss area.  I also take niacin, iron, vitamin D and B12, a daily multi, and vitamin C.  I find this helps with the energy level and overall healthiness of my body.  Read up and ask your doctor about everything you take, and see if that doesn't assist in the weight loss process.

So, my eating for today:

Breakfast:  Just skipped today.  Naughty Naughty.

Lunch:  Went out with Pastors today, but I was good
  • Ruby Tuesday's Grilled Shrimp screwers (S)
  • Loaded salad with ham, egg, tomatoes, and Ranch dressing (S)
  • Baked Spaghetti Squash with garlic butter (S)
Dinner:
  • Trim Healthy Mama Bring On Da Butta Pancakes (S) New Cookbook pg. 262
  • Lots a Butta (S)
  • scrambled egg (S)
Snack:  Snuck a few naughty salted caramel peanuts.  About 10.





Exercise:  Nil.  Tomorrow is a new day;)

No comments:

Post a Comment