Saturday, February 13, 2016

Day 13: It's Off To Work I Go!

Because of cancelations, I haven't worked a whole lot in the last week.  Today, it's back at it!  I got to see how this girl would do on staying away from fast food and planning for being out, and guess what?  I did it!

After work, I ran by the Health Food Store, Natural Grocers.  For me, it's like going to a candy store or book store.  I love just looking at all the things that can make you happy:)  Recently, I learned of the benefits of taking Tumeric.  I found it in two forms, pills and powder, at NG.  I bought both.  I've hope to see benefits from it.  I'm sure I will.











Squash Casserole, half eaten:)
Breakfast:

  • Muffin In A Mug (S) pg. 256


Lunch:

  • 4 Slices Summer Sausage and Colby Jack Cheese (S)
  • Quest Bar (S)


Snack:

  • 7 Rice Crackers (FP)
  • Light Laughing Cow Swiss Wedge (FP)


Dinner:



No Dessert lately.  Just haven't gotten around to making them.

Butternut Squash Casserole:
Cook up your squash by halving it the long way, laying it flat, flesh side down on a cooking sprayed cookie sheet, and let it cook at 375 for an hour.  Once softened, remove seeds and stringy stuff in trash, cut the squash into 1 inch pieces, removing skin, and lay in a casserole dish.  Next layer a row of mozzarella cheese with pats of real butter and repeat this until all squash is used up (mine was only one layer thick this time).  Lastly, add Heavy cream to soak the bottom and absorb into the cheese layers.  Cook in oven at 375 for approximately 30 minutes or until cheese starts bubbling and browning.  Then the hard part:  Share with fellow family members.  I mean it!  You don't need a lot of this heavy S to feel satisfied and you need to save a little room for your protein:)

No comments:

Post a Comment