Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Day 3: Ashopping We Will Go!

Today was another beautiful day.  I hear it's suppose to get snow nasty this week.  Not sure how I feel about that, but thought I would enjoy the nice weather while I can.  Tonight my husband's company had a big dinner that we had to dress up for, so I headed out to shop and hoped to find something.  Nothing like waiting til the last minute, but truth is, I'm not much yet for trying on clothes.  I mean, I like to shop for other people and for cheap deals (as you can easily see on my refashion blog), but when it comes to actually spending hard earned money on myself and finding something that flatters me at this stage in the weight loss process, that's a whole other ballgame.  But, I pressed on, and I'm so thankful that I have such a wonderful friend, Kathy, that didn't mind me calling last minute to provide encouragement and stamina for the grueling journey ahead:)

I didn't plan my day out very well.  It's important that when you know you're going to be out, that you bring snacks and food with you.  Well, guess what?  I didn't.  So, this will be a challenge to get better at.  So, this is what my day looked like:

Breakfast:
  •  ended up grabbing a pure balance protein bar.  Totally not on plan, but healthier than stopping at Dunkin Donuts.  (Can I get an Amen?)
  • no tea, no hot chocolate.  I really set myself up for munchies. Ugh
Lunch:
  • Yes.  You guessed it.  Food Court at the mall.  But I half-way healthy'd.  I ate Panda Express:  Noodles (my downfall), Orange Chicken, and Grilled Chicken with green beans.  Oh, and maybe some crab rangoon.  I'm ashamed now.  But, it's out there, so, no more of that cheating!
Dinner:
  • We had a beautiful meal with light appetizers (cheese and 1 cracker with some fruit), a tasty salad that was probably not on plan because of the craisins, and a main dish of steak, very small portion of potatoes, and veggies.
Okay, not my most proud day, but the great thing is, His (My Heavenly Father's) mercies are new every morning and I get a new chance to start over tomorrow.  I haven't failed.  I have grace to move on.  And moving on was also my exercise for the day.  Thank God for a fresh start each day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment